Walk, Sail & Cycle Boyne Valley
Explore Boyne Valley’s abundance of heritage sites by boat, bike and foot. Join our volunteers to a walking tour on Kells, take an electric bike from Rock Farm, wander around Newgrange and float along River Boyne with Boyne Boats to marvel at Trim Castle.
Tours & Itineraries
The dramatic landscapes have been the background to the film Braveheart and you can even take a trip in a paddleboat from Game of Thrones. The area offers some of Ireland’s best seasonal cuisine through the Boyne Valley Food Series and is home to an emerging number of distilleries. Try your hand at creating your own gin at Listoke Distillery or embark on a whiskey tour at Boann and Slane Castle.
Myths & Legends of Boyne Valley
There are 5,000 years of history at Boyne Valley, with the Brú na Bóinne monuments dating back further than Egypt’s Pyramids of Giza. Visit the site of the Battle of Boyne and relive history at Trim Living History.
Plan your visit
- Historic sites, historic trails, heritage towns, scenic drives
- Local expert tour guides, walking tours, cycling tours, chauffeur tours
- Full package tours with accommodation, self-drive, private escorted and coach tours
- Suggested 3 day & 7-day itineraries to discover the region
- Interactive maps showing main points of interest and suggested driving routes
- Listen to the incredible story of the Boyne Valley