Banana bread is trending... according to Google Trends, searches for banana bread have gone up 54% worldwide last month so, with many people getting into baking (and specifically, baking banana breads) Orlaith is sharing her own bread recipe!
So you will need:
250g caster sugar
50g egg (1 medium)
5g vanilla extract
250g strong flour
10g bread soda
1. Mix or mash the (over-ripe) bananas, egg and vanilla until there are no lumps and leave to one side
2. Pre heat your oven to 180°c and prepare a 900g (large) loaf tin with greaseproof paper
3. Beat your butter and sugar with an electric beater until soft
4. Beat in your banana puree a little at a time making sure to scrap down the edges of the bowl
5. Sieve the flour and soda together and add in to the main batter and mix to clear (don't over mix at this stage)
6. Pour into the prepared tin and bake at 165° for approx 60- 70 mins (test the highest point with a skewer- it should come out clean and dry)
7. Happy baking and don't forget the pinch of love
Top tipsHappy Cooking!
1. Riper the bananas, better flavour you will get
2. Butter should be at room temperature for cake making
3. Always preheat your oven at a higher temperate and then turn it down when you put your bake in the oven
Looks like Banana Bread is making a comeback...
- Posted on: 03/04/2020 -